School Direct Training
Amwell View School and Specialist Sports College are a Lead School for School Direct and have registered for Primary (salaried) placements (QTS only route) for 2021-2022 with vacancies at the following schools:
Amwell View School and Specialist Sports College (Stanstead Abbotts)
Oakleigh School (Barnet)
You must have achieved the following minimum requirements to be eligible to apply for School Direct (salaried) programmes:
- You’ll need to hold an undergraduate degree awarded by a UK higher education provider, or a recognised equivalent qualification.
- You’ll need to have achieved a standard equivalent to grade 4 (grade C under the old grading system), or above, in the GCSE examinations in English and mathematics.
- If you intend to train to teach pupils aged three to 11 (early years and primary), you must also have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade 4 (grade C under the old grading system), or above, in a GCSE science subject examination.
- Please note that you will be required to have the following checks as part of the employment process: DBS (Enhanced) check, medical check and we will check with two referees.
The University of Hertfordshire is an accredited Initial Teacher Training provider who is working in partnership with the schools with the School Direct Programme.
Click here for more information.
The portal for 2021-2021 applications is 14th December 2020.
To Register as a Postgraduate click here.
You will be invited along to Amwell View School and Specialist Sports College, where you will be asked to complete a timed ‘Reading and Writing Task’ followed by a formal Interview.
For further information please email Janet Warrington (email@example.com) or telephone 01920 870027 ext. 201.
Other previous partner schools include:
- Bayford Primary and Nursery School (Bayford)
- Breakspeare School (St. Albans)
- Greenside School (Stevenage)
- Knightsfield School (Welwyn Garden City)
- Northway School (Barnet)
- Pinewood School (Ware)
- Priors Wood School (Ware)
- St. Andrews School (Stanstead Abbotts)
- Watling View School (St. Albans)
Amwell View School and Specialist Sports College employs Apprentices in various roles for example, Teaching Assistant and Site Management in partnership with Education & Skills & Development.
All learning and assessment will be on the school premises. Assessment will be ‘on-the-job’, whilst knowledge elements will be delivered elsewhere on the school premises. We occasionally use school holidays to deliver off-the-job training as well.
If you do not have the required GCSE or equivalent in English, Maths or ICT you will be required to complete Functional Skills qualifications in the respective subjects. Specialist Functional Skills Teachers will provide additional support if required.
If you are interested in finding out more about applying for an Apprenticeship at Amwell View School please do not hesitate to contact :
Click here to go to the GOV.UK website to find or apply for an apprenticeship. Apprenticeships Applications for 2020-2021 is now CLOSED.
Janet Warrington – Business Manager
T: 01920 870027 ext. 201
Amwell View School and Specialist Sports College
Station Road, Stanstead Abbotts, Hertfordshire. SG12 8EH
Please note we are not accepting any work experience or volunteer placements until further notice.
We value volunteers as an important part of our school community. Volunteers work with pupils across the school in classes or subject specific activities.
When potential volunteers come for a tour of the school, we ask that they bring:
their passport and/or birth certificate;
a proof of address
and utility bill (dated within the last three months) so that they can complete the relevant forms should they still be keen to volunteer.
All volunteers require DBS clearance before they can work with the pupils. Potential volunteers will need to pay the cost of the DBS check (the school is charged £16.50 for each volunteer’s check) and therefore will need to write a cheque made out to ‘Amwell View School’ for the sum of £16.50. We will also ask that you provide contact details of two people who will be happy to provide references.
We are committed to supporting work experience placements for students from local secondary schools, colleges of further education and universities. Student teachers also complete placements at the school. All adults on work experience will need DBS clearance before commencing their placement.
Volunteers and work experience students visit the school for an induction tour before we can confirm placements.
If you are interested in finding out more about Volunteering or Work Experience please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01920 870027.