Amwell View School and Specialist Sports College receive the Primary PE and Sport Premium.
· Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1,000 per pupil.
· Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Amwell View School and Specialist Sports College currently has 71 pupils in year’s 1-6 pupils on roll meaning the school will receive £16,710 for the academic year 2017-18. The funding will be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer for Primary children. The premium will be used to:
· develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
· build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
Amwell View School and Specialist Sports College has created an action plan for 2017-18 which builds on and extends previous developments. The school uses the following 5 key indicators to monitor and measure progress and improvement:
· the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
· the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
· increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
· broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
· increased participation in competitive sport
As a specialist sports college the school is committed to providing high quality PE and sport for all pupils. We have used the premium to create additional opportunities for primary pupils in the areas of leadership and health and wellbeing.
The following action plan provides a detailed plan as to how the premium will be spent, the intended impact, outcomes and sustainability.
Please see the links below.